Institute of Biomedical Engineering
Areas of Focus
- Time-frequency representations
- Artificial neural networks
- Myoelectric signal modeling
- Prosthetics and control systems
- Rehabilitation and clinical studies
- Intelligent instrumentation
- Embedded systems: hardware and software
- Biomedical speech processing
- DARPA subcontract: "Prosthesis 2007" simultaneous control of shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand
- DARPA subcontract: "Revolutionizing Prosthetics" dexterity and sensory perception that rivals an intact human limb.
- AIF (2007): a prosthetic hand.
- Wireless eHealth devices: motion analysis sensors and tools.