- Knowledge Based Systems
- Expert Systems
- Artificial Intelligence and Knowledge Engineering
- Semantic Web
- Information Extraction
- FPGA-based Design
- Renewable Energy
Research Supervision @
- Students in progress: 3 PhD
- Students completed: 1 PhD, 9 Masters, over 30 research-based Bachelors
- Yevgen Biletskiy, Hamidreza Baghi, Jarrett Steely, Ruslan Vovk, A Rule-based System for Hybrid Search and Delivery of Learning Objects to Learners, Interactive Technologies and SMART Education, Emerald, 9(4), 263-279, 2012.
- V. Zeighami, R. Akbari, I. Akbari, and Y. Biletskiy, An ABC-Genetic Method to Solve Resource Constrained Project Scheduling Problem, Artificial Intelligence Research (AIR) Journal, 1(2), 185-197, 2012.
- Yevgen Biletskiy, Girish R Ranganathan, A Semantic Approach to a Framework for Business Domain Software Systems, Computers in Industry, Elsevier, 61(8), 750-759, 2010.
- Yevgen Biletskiy, Girish R Ranganathan, Olga Vorochek. Identification and Resolution of Conflicts During Ontological Integration Using Rules, Expert Systems: The Journal of Knowledge Engineering, Wiley-Blackwell, 27(2), 75-89, 2010.
- Oksana Biletska, Yevgen Biletskiy, Howard Li, Ruslan Vovk, A semantic approach to expert system for e-Assessment of credentials and competencies Expert Systems with Applications, Elsevier, 37 (10), 7003-7014, 2010.
- Howard Li, Liam Paull, Yevgen Biletskiy, Simon X. Yang. Document classification using information theory and a fast back-propagation neural network, Intelligent Automation and Soft Computing, 16(1), 25-37, 2010.
- A.A.Zavgorodniy, R.V. Vovk, M.A.Obolenskii, A.V.Samoilov, M.G.Revyakina, Y.V.Biletskiy, V.M.Pinto Samoes, Metal - dielectric transition and temperature dependence of the pseudo-gap in YBa2Cu3O7-delta single crystals: effect of pressure and oxygen nonstoichiometry, Functional Materials, Institute for Single Crystals, 17 (2), 143-150, 2010.
- Yevgen Biletskiy, Hamidreza Baghi, Igor Keleberda, Michael Fleming. An adjustable Personalization of Search and Delivery of Learning Objects to Learners, Expert Systems with Applications, Elsevier, 36(5), 9113-9120, 2009.
- Yevgen Biletskiy, J Anthony Brown, Girish R Ranganathan, Information Extraction from Syllabi for e-Advising, Expert Systems with Applications, Elsevier, 36(3), Part 1, 4508-4516, 2009.
- Yevgen Biletskiy, Michael Wojcenovich, Hamidreza Baghi. Focused Crawling for Downloading Learning Objects, Interdisciplinary Journal on e-Learning and Learning Objects, 5, 169-180, 2009.
R.V. Vovk, M.A. Obolenskii, A.A. Zavgorodniy,
I.L. Goulatis, A. Chroneos,
Y.V. Biletskiy, Resistive investigation of pseudogap state in
non-stoichiometric ReBa2Cu3O7−δ (Re = Y, Ho)
single crystals with account for
- R.V. Vovk, M.A. Obolenskii, A.A. Zavgorodniy, A.V.Samoilov, Y.V.Biletskiy, V.M.Pinto Simoes, Evolution of the pseudogap state in HTSC single crystals ReBa2Cu3O7−δ (Re=Y, Ho) doped with Al and Pr, Functional Materials, Institute for Single Crystals, 16 (3), 258-265, 2009.
- Yevgen Biletskiy, Girish R Ranganathan. An invertebrate semantic/software application development framework for knowledge-based systems, Knowledge-Based Systems, Elsevier, 21(5), 371-376, 2008.
- Yevgen Biletskiy, Harold Boley, Girish R Ranganathan. RuleML-based Learning Object Interoperability on the Semantic Web, Interactive Technologies and SMART Education, Emerald, 5(1), 39-58, 2008.
- Yevgen Biletskiy, Girish R Ranganathan. A system for automatic conversion of academic transcripts, British Journal of Educational Technology, Blackwell, 39(4), 734-737, 2008.
- Yevgen Biletskiy, Girish R Ranganathan, J Anthony Brown, Representing User-Friendly Business Rules in a Semantic Web-Based Format, ISAST Transactions on Computers and Software Engineering 2(1), 8-12, 2008, on-line journal, available: http://www.isastorganization.org/CS2ready.pdf
- A.V. Bondarenko, A.A. Zavgorodniy, D.A. Lotnik, M.A. Obolenskii, R.V. Vovk and Y. Biletskiy, Creep and depinning of vortices in non-twinned YBa2Cu3O6.87 single crystal, Low Temperature Physics ("Fizika Nizkikh Temperatur"), American Institute of Physics, 34(7), 508-514, 2008.
- Yevgen Biletskiy, Harold Boley, Luqian Zhu. A RuleML-Based Ontology for Interoperation between Learning Objects and Learners. UCFV Research Review, Issue 1, 2006, available: http://journals.ucfv.ca/ojs/rr/
- Adrian Paschke, Yevgen Biletskiy (Eds.) Advances in Rule Interchange and Applications: Proceedings of the International Symposium on Rule Interchange and Applications RuleML-2007, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer-Verlag, vol. 4824/2007.
- Taylor Michael Osmun, Patrick Thébeau, Yevgen Biletskiy: Knowledgebase Representation Language Interoperation Tool, LNCS-7018/2011( RuleML America-2011), Springer-Verlag: 58-65.
- Girish Ranganathan, Yevgen Biletskiy. Information pre-processing using domain meta-ontology and Rule Learning system. Canadian Semantic Web: Technologies and Applications, 207-217, 2010.
- Hamidreza Baghi, Yevgen Biletskiy. Improving document search using social bookmarking, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (AI-2009), Springer-Verlag, 5549/2009, pp. 183-186, 2009.
- Yevgen Biletskiy, David Hirtle, Olga Vorochek. Toward the Identification and Elimination of Semantic Conflicts for Integration of Ontologies. Canadian Semantic Web. Semantic Web and Beyond: Computing for Human Experience, Springer-Verlag, 2006, pp. 135-142.
- Yevgen Biletskiy, Olga Vorochek, Alexander Medovoy. Building Ontologies for Interoperability among Learning Objects and Learners, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (AIE/IEA-2004), Springer-Verlag, 3029/2004, pp. 977-986, 2004.
- Mohammad Haider, Christopher P. Diduch, Yevgen Biletskiy, Liuchen Chang: Fault Diagnoses for the DC Filters of Power Electronic Converters, Energy Converters Congress and Exposition ECCE-2012, P6031
- Alireza Ensan, Yevgen Biletskiy: Matchmaking through semantic annotation and similarity measurement. CCECE 2012: 1-5
- Mohammad Haider, Christopher P. Diduch, Yevgen Biletskiy, Liuchen Chang: Filtering out spikes from sensors in power converters system using discrete wavelet transform. CCECE 2012: 1-3
- Tamer Kamel, Yevgen Biletskiy, Christopher P. Diduch, Liuchen Chang: Failure detection of the capacitor bank of the three phase diode rectifier. CCECE 2012: 1-4
- Tamer Kamel, Yevgen Biletskiy, Christopher P. Diduch, Liuchen Chang: Fault diagnoses for all the stages of the power electronic converter. CCECE 2012: 1-4
- Mahdi Noorian, AlirezaEnsan, EbrahimBagheri, Harold Boley, YevgenBiletskiy: Feature Model Debugging based on Description Logic Reasoning, Distributed Multimedia Systems, DMS 2011: 158-164.
- AlirezaEnsan, EbrahimBagheri, Mohsen Asadi, DraganGasevic, YevgenBiletskiy: Goal-Oriented Test Case Selection and Prioritization for Product Line Feature Models. ITNG 2011: 291-298.
Girish R Ranganathan, Yevgen Biletskiy. An annotation
based Rule Learning System for ontology population from business documents, Canadian Semantic Web Working Symposium,
Valeh H. Nasser, Yevgen Biletskiy. A comparison of
Horn logic and description logic using the leveled criteria based framework in
Semantic Web perspective, Canadian
Semantic Web Working Symposium,
Hae-il Jung, Yevgen Biletskiy. Evaluation and
comparison of economical efficiency of
- Yevgen Biletskiy, J Anthony Brown, Girish R Ranganathan. Information Pre-Processing for Building Domain Ontology, 3-rd International Conference on Cognitive Science, Moscow, Russia, 2008, pp. 527-528.
Hamidreza Baghi, Yevgen Biletskiy,
Howard Li. A Blended Approach for Search of Learning Objects, IEEE Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer
Girish R Ranganathan, Yevgen Biletskiy, Alexey Kaltchenko.
Semantic Annotation for Semi-structured Documents, IEEE
Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering CCECE08,
- Yevgen Biletskiy, Ning Chang, Adel M. Sharaf, Hassan A. Mahasneh. A Monitoring and Identification Scheme for Power Quality Assessment, IEEE Electrical Power Conference, Montreal, Canada, pp. 520-524, 2007.
- Adel M. Sharaf, Yevgen Biletskiy, Hassan A. Mahasneh. A Low-Cost Modulated Filter Compensator for Energy-Efficient Enhancement in AC Utilization Systems, IEEE Electrical Power Conference, Montreal, Canada, pp. 140-144, 2007.
- Olga Vorochek, Yevgen Biletskiy. Toward Assessing Data Quality of Ontology Matching on the Web. Communication Networks and Services Research (CNSR2007), Fredericton, Canada, pp. 317-319, 2007
Martin Dames, Yevgen Biletskiy. An Extensible Text Extraction Tool for
Learning Objects. The 8th International Conference on Electronic
Igor Keleberda, Victoria Repka, Yevgen Biletskiy. Building Learner’s Ontologies
to Assist Personalized Search of Learning Objects. The 8th International
Conference on Electronic Commerce ICEC-06,
Igor Keleberda, Victoria Repka, Yevgen Biletskiy. Semantic Mining
based on the Learner’s Preferences. IEEE Canadian
Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering CCECE06,
Girish R Ranganathan, Yevgen Biletskiy, Dawn MacIsaac.
Machine Learning for Classifying Learning Objects. IEEE Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering CCECE06,
Other activities @
- Reviewer: NSERC I2I (Idea to Innovation), CRD and RGPIN proposals; SHARCNET proposal
- Reviewer: IEEE TKDE, IEEE TE, Elsevier ECRA, Expert Systems, Elsevier KBS, Elsevier IPL
- IPC: CDC-05, WTAS-05, WTAS-06, ICEC-06, CSWIG-06, CNSR-07, ICEC-07, CNSR-08, CCECE-08, ICEC-08, HRER (2008), CNSR-09, CCECE-09, CSWWS-09, CNSR-2010, RuleML-2011, RuleML-2012, CCECE-2012, CAI-2012
- Track Chair of the 8th International conference on Electronic Commerce ICEC-06
- Co-Director of the RuleML Initiative
- Program Co-Chair: RuleML-2007
- P.Eng (APEGNB)
- Experience Review for APEGNB
Consulting: Netsphare Solutions (
- Public talks:
Seminar “Identification and resolution of conflicts during ontological
integration using rules”. The faculty of computer science seminar
series, in combination with the
Research Talk: “SEMESIS: Advanced Semantic Search
and Browsing System”,
- Research Talk: “Development of knowledge-based software systems in business and educational domains involving information integration and semantic web techniques”, UNB ECE Research Expo, October 2, 2008.
Seminar “Building Ontology for Delivery of Semantically Diverse
Learning Objects to Learner’s Context”. The faculty of computer science seminar
series, in combination with the